Sonntag, 24. Januar 2016

Wise Guys - Mädchen, lach doch mal


Title: Mädchen, lach doch mal
Artist: Wise Guys
Album: Skandal
Year: 1999

This is one of the most well-known songs from the Wise Guys. It's about a guy who has a crush on a beautiful girl that doesn't smile.


Deutsch
English
Strophe 1:
ich treff sie in der Straßenbahn
weil wir die gleiche Strecke fahren
ich treff sie manchmal in der Stadt
weil sie dieselbe..
*1 ..kleine Stammkneipe hat
in die ich immer öfter geh
ich freu mich so, wenn ich sie seh
ich treff sie jede Nacht im Traum
ansonsten kenn ich sie kaum

Strophe 2:
geheimnisvoll ist ihr Gesicht
'nen festen Freund hat sie nicht
sie ist 'ne wahre Naturgewalt
hab mich sofort in sie verknallt
sie hat wirklich eine Topfigur
perfekt - ich frag mich nur
hat ihr denn^ niemand beigebracht
wie man lächelt oder lacht?

Refrain:
Mädchen lach doch^ mal^
bitte, bitte lächel einmal nur für mich
danach kann ich in Frieden sterben
du kannst gerne alles erben
Mädchen lach doch^ mal^
denn auch das schönste Gesicht -
ohne Lächeln funktioniert es nicht
ohne Lächeln
funktioniert es einfach nicht

Strophe 3:
*2 ich stürze mich für sie vom Dom
fahr mit dem Rad über die Alpen..
..bis nach Rom
ich geb ihr alles, was ich hab
schreib ihren Namen auf mein Grab
*3 kauf mir die neue CD von Pur
ich schwör
ich schwöre jeden Schwur
geb ihr Kredite unverzinst
wenn sie nur einmal für mich grinst!

(Refrain)

ich glaub', noch hundertmal..
..erwähne ich das nicht
deine strahlend weißen Zähne..
..im Gesicht
sind, wie deine schwarze Mähne..
..ein Gedicht.
zeig ihnen einfach mal^
das Tageslicht
Verse 1:
I run into her on the tram
because we ride the same segment
sometimes I run into her in the city
because she has the same..
..little favorite bar
that I go to every now and then
I get so happy when I see her
I run into her every night in my dreams
other than that I barely know her

Verse 2:
her face is mysterious
she doesn’t have a steady boyfriend
she’s a true force of nature
I got a crush on her right away
she really has a great figure
perfect - I just wonder
has no one taught her
how you smile or laugh?

Chorus:
laugh, girl
please, please smile once just for me
afterward I can die in peace
go ahead, you can inherit everything
laugh, girl
‘cause even the prettiest face
without a smile it doesn’t work
without a smile
it simply doesn’t work

Verse 3:
I’ll jump off the cathedral for her
ride a bike over the Alps..
..all the way to Rome
I’ll give her everything I have
write her name on my grave[stone]
I’ll buy the new CD from “Pur”
I swear
[that] I’ll swear every oath
I’ll give her credit interest-free
If she just grins once for me

(Chorus)

I think, I'm not going to..
..mention this 100 more times
the shining white teeth..
..of your face
are, like your black mane..
..a poetic work
just show them
the light of day

*1 
Stammkneipe = the bar where one is a regular customer

*2 

REFERENCE: der Dom
The cathedral mentioned here is without a doubt the Cologne Cathedral (it's big. You wouldn't want to jump off of it). The Wise Guys are (mostly) from Cologne and reference their hometown in many of their songs.

*3 

REFERECE: Pur
Pur is an older German rock band that started in 1975 and is still active after 40 years. It’s supposed to be funny that Pur is mentioned here because even in 1999 (when this song first came out), they were considered “that older band your dad listens to.”

BONUS: Here's a live version of the song from 2004. It's sung a little faster and the drums are a capella (accompanied by "selectively rhythmic" audience clapping). If you watch nothing else, watch the a capella drums at 1:53.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen